Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Mom


Today is an awesome day!! It would only be even better if I were in Goodyear, AZ celebrating with my Madre! Happy Birthday Mom. I wish we could be there. So we could give you our card that we have, but didn't get in the mail on time. :) :( I'M LAME. And so we could have some ice cream. Okay no the real reason is so we could give you lots of hugs and kisses. The girls would be smothering you!! But in tribute to you and your special day let me share some of the reasons why we want to smother you. :)
We love you because:
1. You stayed sane while raising 6 kids. That earns you a noble peace prize.
2. You cook the best swiss enchiladas on the planet. And cinnamon rolls!
3. No one can decorate for holidays like you can. And we LOVE it.
4. You have a swimming pool.
5. Puzzles are your specialty.
6. You love to laugh. I'll never forget the time that you and Grandma Mac let loose once you laughed so hard. Hee hee.
7. You love the Lord.
8. You taught us all to love books.
9. You read to us. Kate cracks up when I tell her stories of our summer reading when you dozed mid sentence. LOL!!!
10. You love your grandchildren.
11. You are a cancer survivor.
12. You keep in touch.
13. You wrote that story at the reunion last year that made us cry.
14. You have done our family history work.
15. And because you did that I had one of most spiritual experiences of my life.
16. You love games and now we do too.
17. You let me spend your money and decorate! (alright people I'm not spoiled-it was her house) LOL
18. You love the temple and faithfully go.
19. You cried with me at the dining table when I told you I was miscarrying. And you were there with me at the doctor's office.
20. You are unafraid.
21. You lost weight, not that we cared what you weighed, but we love that it will help you be with so much longer. You worked so hard. . .
22. You are sewing Kate's baptism dress.
23. You make every effort to be with us at important times in our lives.
24. You were a pioneer, joining the Church, altering our eternal course for generations to come.
25. You showed us how to live the gospel.
26. We love you because you are our Mom and Grandma! This list could be endless.


Happy Birthday Madre. We love you so much.- Darin, Amy, Kate, Sarah, Abby and Ellie



4 comments:

Melissa said...

Aww! Happy Birthday Terry!! You look GREAT!
Amy, I love these pics!! These are so cute. It is SO neat to see all of you special people who I think about alot! We spent alot of years together in our youth, special years that still mean alot to me, and warm my heart to think about. I am so glad to "see" you again!

Natalie said...

Oh I loved this post! I cried! I love your mom too! :)

Val said...

Amy, I found you on a comment on Melissa's blog. Your family is beautiful. It's nice to see everyone doing great.
Valerie (Brown) Weber

Grandma Carla said...

Amy, I am so excited you are a blogger! I love your pictures, your children are adorable, and it was so fun to see the other family members too. Happy birthday Terry! We sure have some history between us!? Best memories ever! Amy, keep up the good work and check in our the Inman bunch's blog too. Love to all.