Yea I know. I am a slacker. This is supposed to be a journal. I just skipped over the last two weeks. Surely SOMETHING OF NOTE happened in the last two weeks. I can tell you that there have been more revelations in this house. I discovered that I am a yeller. All right I am confessing. This is a personal thing I am sharing, but this is my journal. Anyhow, I have always thought I was yeller. The true realization hit when I sat down to find the March Ensign. (our Church magazine that comes every month. It has inspirational stories in it.) We have this large square ottoman that has storage in it. Inside is a wonderful aray of everything you don't know where else to put. I even find children in there too sometimes. (No I don't banish them there, but it is a favorite hiding spot. :) In there are months of Ensigns and Friend magazines, Pottery Barn magazines (yes it is my secret dream to do Everything pottery), books, throws, pillows etc. I was looking through about 50 magazines when for some strange reason I was drawn to open March 2006. I was totally getting off task, but I began reading. And that is when I saw an article about yelling. It hit like a ton of bricks. I have GOT to be better. It was as if the Lord WANTED me to read this article. I hadn't picked up or opened anyother issue but that one. I fasted for humility yesterday. I felt very humbled after reading this article. Was I any better today? Considering I had one child knock a two day old lamp off a table, had one child wet her pants, another flood the bathroom and one who had to pee in a cup and missed?!? on me?!?!?! I think I did okay. Not great, but better than I would have. Well maybe.... Man I am a work in progress.
On the happy and light note, tonight we were trying to teach Ellie how to say how old she is. She knows she is 2 and had told me several times and even held up two fingers. But this morning she said she was 6 and tonight well she had aged. She was now 8! Ellie then said how old are you Mommy? I said, "I am 32!" "Daddy?" she said. I said, "Daddy is 37." Sarah says you are OLD Daddy." Abbys says, "You are almost to a 100!" Sarah, "Daddy you are going to get fatter." Ahh they never fail to make me laugh.
Kate was allowed to check out books from the library. 8 in fact. She devoured them. Man, if only I had the chance to read that much. She is so funny. I have found her with her blinds open at night trying to read by moonlight. I find her outside on the swing, on the floor, on the couch. Reading is definitely her passion. Now that is a girl after my own heart.
So now that you have read my confession, listened to my ramblings and are wondering why you are still reading, I am going to go. Ooodles of love to each of you. . . .
PS Shelley, how did the tulips go? I am sure they are beautiful. Just like you!
No comments:
Post a Comment