Thursday, August 14, 2008

A New Era

So this morning I sent Kate to 3rd grade and Sarah and Abby to kindergarten. I think I would have been a nervous wreck if I hadn't been praying and worrying now for months. I even fasted, along with Darin, for them and well for me too. It sounds a little nutty, but I cried and prayed so hard for these three little girls this past Sunday. I know they are young to send, but we it seems like the right thing to do. Yet at the same time, I can't help but worry they'll listen or follow instructions. I worry if they'll have friends and then worry they'll be good ones. I worry they'll not understand or fall behind. I worry worry worry. I am so grateful for the sweet feeling I had on Sunday after ending our fast. Of course that doesn't mean the road will be easy, it just means we can know our Father in Heaven will be at our side as we walk the road.
Kate was so excited for this morning that she was dressed and had her bed made by 6:15am. She got very shy when she got to the classroom, but I think she'll do great. She has a male teacher once again, Mr. Ferrera. He seems outgoing and easygoing. It'll be a different year. Last year's teacher was the artsy type and her teacher this year hardly has a thing on his walls. Abby and Sarah were excited as well and had no problems getting in and finding their name tags. They got right into looking at books. The Lord watched out for us and gave us the most patient teacher ever. She is so sweet and loving too. It went about as smooth as I could have hoped for. Now if I just won't worry too much. . .
Here are my cuties on their first day:
Go my Oak Grove Owls!
All of them got home and reported:
Sarah, "We're in kindergarten and I will like it everyday! There will be happiness in kindergarten. And I love Mrs. Simons." :)
Abby: "I just love kindergarten. There are two Abby's in my class. There are two Sarah's too." When asked if she liked it she said, "YES!"
Kate: "Third grade is so awesome. I had a great time. I made some really nice new friends, Angel and Anna. Mr. Ferreira is funny."
The Mom said, "Now if we can only keep these positive attitudes until JUNE , we'd be in business. :) I'd say we are off and running folks! Here goes the rest of 2008."

1 comment:

Jill said...

I didn't even think about the girls being too young, just barely making the cut-off! But it's good that you wrote down your thoughts, they may help you when you are doubting yourself. Thank goodness for the Holy Ghost to give us peace in our decisions!

I'm so glad the first day went well!