Friday, February 20, 2009

Speaking of Wishes

You will never guess what I got for my birthday. (NO CHEATING! Don't scroll down and cheat. Just guess!) Clothes? Shoes? Jewelry? Breakfast in Bed? Good guesses. And a few of those really did happen! (I even had my order taken for breakfast. YUMMY!)
But this is big. I mean BIG. Not a little gift. Not your ordinary gift by any means. Now as I say all this I hope none of you get offended. Your birthday presents, cards and well wishes were extremely thoughtful and super appreciated by me. I said on facebook, that I had never gotten so many birthday wishes before. I mean it! It was such a fun day. But back to the guesses. I mention this gift because it goes above and beyond nice. It was super generous!!!!! My sister Jill and her hubby Colter won something in a raffle. They were so excited! I mean how many times do you win a raffle? Once in a lifetime? ANYHOW, they could have taken what they won and sold it. Colter is in school still, they could have used the money.
But this shows the class of people that they are.
They sent it to me for my birthday.


Jill wanted to make sure it was okay with me, so I did know it was coming, but I kept it a secret from Darin and the girls. I had Darin open it. I have never been so excited to have someone else open my present. :o) We are in the car at the post office. I just couldn't wait. Someday I'll get the video on when I figure out our camera. Kate was screaming, I was excited and Darin was shocked!
Jill, Colter, Grant, Clark and Cora, Thank you so much. We have had so much fun! And what a truly charitable thing to do. We love it. Love it, love it!! We had wanted a Wii for so long! You made our WISH come true! You are like the fairy godmother! Biddi Bobidi Boo! THANK YOU!

Can you see WHY I had to mention this particular gift??????? I knew ya'll would understand.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

john and steph said...

That is so fun. I am glad you are enjoying your giht.

The Dixon Gang said...

Oh, so fun!!! Congrats on the way fun gift!!! We love our Wii!!!

Lolo said...

Happy Birthday! And that is an awesome present! Your hair looks so great. We miss you all!

Amy said...

Forgive me Lolo, but I don't know who you are! Your blog is private and my memory must be getting bad. Remind me who you are?!?!