Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wishes

I have to say that I am a huge fan of wishes. Love them. I love throwing coins in fountains and making wishes. I still remember always wanting to throw coins in the fountain in the center court of Westridge Mall. You know all you PHX 21sters, the old fountain in center court. Ah those days. I don't do it as much. Mostly because I don't run in to many fountains and secondly, I need every penny I can save to scrounge together just enough to buy a Whopper Jr every six months. But my feelings for wishes still exist. I am big on candles and wishes at birthdays. Once a year, you get to close your eyes, make a wish and then blow like crazy! How fun is that? I love granting the wishes of my family when I can. There is something magical about it. Now that I am older, wishes kind of mix with prayers. Wishes are your hopes for something. And when I wish it tends to run into prayers. Who else grants us our dreams, but a loving Heavenly Father? Well I know they are often granted through those around us, but aren't our hands His? And who else but God, helps us so fully when wishes don't come true exactly as we had planned? And who else but Heavenly Father helps us to see that our wishes came true in ways we couldn't see on our own?
I have a few of my wishes to share, I hope you don't mind. I wanted some of you to know that I have a few wishes and prayers for you!
-For Colter, my hard working BIL. Prayers for you as you finish your dissertation and as you seek a position somewhere across this great nation. May you have guidance from above! And may my secret wish for family to move closer come true!
-For my nephew Kyle. He was baptized on Saturday. I thought of you all day Kyle. I should have called. May you know you are loved by us, and may you always remember your very special day!
-For my young women. I don't think any of them read this. But there are a few of you that I know need extra prayers. My wish is that you know you are loved.
-For my Abby. She once told me that noboday likes her. May you always know sweetie pie, that you are oh so loved by oh so many. Hang in there! You are a beautiful little lady.
-Birthday wishes for Bob, sorry we missed your day. Did you hyperventilate trying to blow out ALL those candles? Hee hee!
-Wishes for my sister Shelley and her hubby Darren, as they go to sell their home. MAY IT SELL!
-Prayers of gratitude that you weren't hurt Darren!
-One last wish. for greater patience. I hope someday that I can say I am doing better. Even if just a little.

Love to you all, those who read and comment and even wishes for those who don't. :o)

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Thanks, Amy. You always know the right things to say! I love reading your blog and finding out about your family. Love and miss you!

Melissa said...

Amy, this is so very sweet! I too am such a wisher..dreamer...and a pray-er. It is nice to express them to those you wish, dream, and pray about! They deserve to know when they are crossing someones mind.

Emily said...

Those are great wishes, I do believe that wishes do turn into prayers. I love that Heavenly Father knows each one of us and what is best for us. I love you!

The Dixon Gang said...

So sweet!!! What a great friend you are!!! I'm sure that all of those around you can feel of your wishes and prayers in their behalf!

David said...

Love the thoughtfulness you always have and share with others! Big example from a little sis!