Monday, March 16, 2009

Dang Cute

Okay, I know I said a bad word. Honestly, I don't think dang is a bad word. But I do tend to say it a bit much. And it only seems bad, when it starts coming out of your 2 year old's mouth. But don't you think she looks dang cute?



So last Thursday, I was washing the dishes. Darin was graciously loading the dishwasher. We were working hard. We started to get snippety with each other. I know, hard to imagine us love birds snipping. I was telling Darin to quite leaving his tupperware in the sink with the lids still on. I said, "if you come home and leave the lids on, by the time we get the lids off to wash them (sometimes it can be days) you pull the lids off and it is an immediate assualt of the senses. Gag puke, yuck! Fermented food. Sometimes he leaves them in the car for a few days, throws them in the sink and then I get to open it for yummy surprises. So in my tired I am done with the day Mommy mode, I gave him some guff for doing it. He in his I am tired done with work and done with helping after working all day mode, said something back. I don't even remember what it was, but it tempted me beyond my abililty to control. I grabbed the nearest glass filled it with water and splat right in his face. Well, he calmly walked away. I thought oops I have upset him. I started to feel guilty. I decided I had better go apologize when he comes running in with the spray bottle. I run straight for the other spray bottle and battle ensues. We were running through the house. We were laughing so hard. Then I decided I needed a better defensive position so I ran like crazy to get to a better spot. Only I forgot that we had sprayed water all over and the floor was wet. I have never had my feet swept out from under me quite like that. I hit the floor so fast. It was like lightening. I caught myself first on my arm and then my hip. It was one of those involuntary moments when screaming just escapes and there is nothing to keep it inside. Now 4 days later, I AM STILL HURTIN'. Diagnosis: Severe contusion. No broken bones. Severe contusion? How about my arm may never be the same! OUCH! So I have learned several things from this experience. 1. I am getting old and don't heal quickly 2. Never fight with your husband 3. You get what you get if you start the fight 4. Remember floors get slippery if you get them wet 5. Didn't my Mom always say, "it is fun until someone gets hurt."? Aren't Moms always right?
This is my arm. You really can't see the bruise, but it is SWOLLEN.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! You are so funny! I was scared when you wrote that he walked away! How fun that he came right back and played along! :) You two are so cute!

M'Liss said...

That is hysterical. Good for you guys to turn a frustrating moment into fun. Sorry it ended with you getting hurt.

The Dixon Gang said...

Oh so funny!!! Darin must be a lot more patient than Craig because I don't think Craig would come back with a squirt bottle, I'm thinking more like the garden hose :)

Robyn said...

Oh, thanks for the laugh!!! Ryan is wondering what is so funny, but a 6 year old just wouldn't get it!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. You both can teach us all how to be nicer & kinder. Sorry about your arm.

Emily said...

I was laughing until I read that you ended up getting hurt! Hope your arm feels better soon! I can never imagine you two fighting :)

Melissa said...

So cute...I could just picture it all :)
What a way to delete contention.