Last Monday, our FHE lesson was out of the D&C 88:119, "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God." I talked to the girls all about how their teachers organize their classrooms with rules and schedules. How crazy it would be if they didn't follow, or what it would be like if they did have the rules to follow. They all agreed it would be wild if their teachers did keep order. We then talked about how we are doing with each of these things, now that we determined it was a good thing to have all of these things. We do pray, we do fast, we try to exercise our faith, we try to teach (HOMEWORK!), but we were lacking ORDER!!!! I had them each close their eyes and envision what their rooms looked like at that very moment. Mommy's included! And I asked them if they thought we had order. There was a resounding NO! I should have taken pictures of our house. So we all promised, with right arm to the square! that we would do our best to help our home have order. Then maybe it will be a house of glory too. I tell you last night, with the help of the kids, we had the dishes washed, the dishwasher running, the table wiped, the floor swept, the living room picked up, the home teacher come and gone, and all of us looking at family videos of our summer trips. It felt nice to be together. To laugh, to remember, to be a family. The scriptures really can teach us and help us to be want we want to be: Happy!
Monday, September 7, 2009
It's All about the PJs
Who needs to get dressed on a day like today? My kids declared that today was a do nothing, wear nothing (but PJs of course), go nowhere kind of day. I was more than HAPPY to oblige. Ahhhh kind of nice. Well I admit that I did get dressed, but it is only because all my PJs need a washing! :o) The kids were out of school on Friday and today so it has been a long 4 day weekend. Too bad Darin worked Friday, Saturday, Sunday and TODAY. My sweet husband, he works so hard for us all. I know he too was sad we weren't camping or hiking. I even made the kids clean their rooms on Friday and Saturday. Yikes I am mean. I made shakes last night and chocolate chip pancakes this morning, so I have tried to make up for my meanness. But in my meannes I really did have purpose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amy, thanks for the comment on my blog. I don't want to offend anyone, but I certainly have strong opinions on certain things. I love your blog and am thankful you are continuing. You are like one of my kids!
I love this blog post! What a great example you are! I love those kids!
Will you come and teach that FHE lessons to us? We need some tips on order!
Post a Comment