Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lessons Learned

1. Do not allow your children to help you shred papers. It seemed oh so safe for the most part. Have had kids do it many times. Great way to have them help. Eeks. Not good. I think I about pulled Ellie's finger out of the socket yanking it out. Don't know how she got it stuck in the paper. It didn't go anywhere close to cutting, but it was being sucked down. Luckily I was sitting right with her. Grandma's just erase the image out of your head and forget I mentioned it. You love me still. Right?!?

2. Sarah and Abby make me laugh. The other day, Sarah came home with a paper. On the bottom was a graph that was not finished. At the top it read, "Incomplete. She ate the Fruit Loops before she finished the graph." I got mad at her and told her how she had to finish her work, follow directions etc etc. Then I open Abby's folder and wa la. SAME THING. ABBY!!!! SARAH!!!! Don't eat them! I made them sit down and I opened our own box of Fruit Loops. The second they were done. "MOM, NOW can we eat them?????" Man you'd think I don't feed them. LOL!

3. Last night, Darin and I called on Prop 8. We commented that we can't believe we are even having to call about this issue. How, in our lifetime, did we get to this point? How did it ever become an issue? It used to be a dah thing. Who else gets married besides a man and a woman? Satan is having a hay day with this. I wrote many of you an email about this. But I know I missed many of you. Here is a link that will knock the socks off of you. It is becoming a true knock out drag out fight to teach our children, right and wrong. I pray for the strength to do it and do it well. And California voters, please don't make it so I feel I have to pull my children from public school! http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/11/MNFG13F1VG.DTL

1 comment:

Natalie said...

1. You posted this one for me right? So I don't feel so bad about Lily always trying to stick my gazillions of bobby pins into light sockets, right? THANKS! I need to know I wasn't alone! :)

2. My kids are the same way. Especially at church. I really think that if we were a judging people (ah-hem) that my kids' teachers would want to report me to CPS for all the snack begging and scarfing they do at church! :)

3. We have Prop 102 here. I'm terrified this won't pass. I do not like homeschooling, but if this does not pass, I'm considering it. Did you see that video of the family in Massachusetts? Awful! It didn't pass last year, it makes me unhopeful for this time around. Though, I would have thought the wording would have encouraged people to vote for it for the polygamist crapola in AZ. hmmm.