Thursday, September 18, 2008

Things I should be writing down somewhere

I have things that I just need to record and since this is my "journal" I will bore you all. For instance, Sarah went to the dr yesterday for yet another UTI. It is crazy how many we have had lately. She is constantly on antibiotics. She has been on them more then off of them. I haven't been keeping track of them and am determined to do so. That way I can say DR. she has had ___ UTIs in the past 6 months. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. So for the record this was UTI #2. She had #1 just two weeks ago. Poor girl.

Abby still doesn't want to play in the soccer games. This time she practiced at least. So we are making progress. Maybe this Saturday will be the ticket. I never would have guessed she would be the one to be afraid. Sarah didn't score any goals, but she thought she did. She is loving it. Kate didn't score any this week, but neither did any of her teammates. They fell 2-0. I think Kate was the only girl who even got close. She is a determined player and she works so hard at it. She is like her Mom, INTENSE about sports. I love it. Ellie, loves to kick around the soccer ball during Kate's practices, so I think we have our 4th player in the works.

Abby is doing so much better in school. She was never doing bad, but she was a little too talkative and boisterous. Hard to imagine. Hee Hee. Now if I can get her to stay focused. Both she and Sarah are making great strides in their reading and writing. Which in comparison to the kids they ride to school with, they need to make strides. Then again they are geniuses, so I try not to compare. :) LOL. Luke and Amber can READ so well. It is amazing. Sarah and Abby love school and for that I am eternally grateful. I pray that love stays with them. I am still so grateful for their teacher as well. She is the perfect mix of stern and sweet. I am working in their class every Thursday and I enjoy it. I also am working in Kate's on Wednesdays. It is so great to be in there too. You get such a better sense of what your child is learning, the expectations from the teacher, what the teacher is like and how your child is doing with friends. Her teacher is great too. Kate was student of the month in August and a Who's Hoo or is it Who's Who? WHO KNOWS??? :) It is an award they had out on Fridays at the school. They are the Oak Grove Owls. Get it- Hoo Hoo?? Ellie continues to be a screamer. I had a friend over and she was shuddering every time Ellie screamed. I realized then how immune I have become. Now don't take me wrong. It is still ear piercing and annoying, but I think I have had some hearing loss and therefore it is not as potent as it once was. She is learning more and more words, so the screaming is a little less, at least on the days when she is not grumpy. :O) She is the best kisser, hugger, and is always getting my shoes for me when it is time to go. This morning she said I love you to Darin. She has said it before, but it was always kind of her version and today it was as clear as a bell. Oh so sweet.

This morning when I went in to wake up Sarah and Abby I found them in the same bed again. They have bunk beds, but we often find them together. It is always Abby who joins Sarah. They are two very good friends and they really do watch out for one another. One can't get in trouble without the other feeling awful about it too. It is like I have a voodoo doll. I am disciplining Sarah and poking Abby's doll and she is crying just as much if not more then Sarah. Or vice versa.

I can't believe that Kate and Ellie have birthdays next week. Kate will be 8 and Ellie 2. Sometimes I long for more, but know that it is physically just not going to happen. So I am trying to love it all. It is hard to have them grow up. I especially need to learn to love it at 5 pm everyday-that is when it all falls apart. DINNER TIME! UGH!
I'll let you know if I can make it today with a smile and no screaming. It's my goal. :) And by that I mean no screaming on my part. Well or the kids. But especially me. :)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm worried about the UTIs! Lily had one just over a year ago and we were sent to Children's Hospital for a VCUG (a test that checks the flow of the kidneys and bladder). We found out that Lily has urinary reflux and now we have daily medications and are going in for another VCUG in a couple of weeks. YES! Something needs to be done! That's a lot for a little girl! It's really common and typically resolves itself with treatment -- but if not, there can be some serious damage, leading to the need for surgery. It runs in our family -- at least 2 nieces and 2 nephews. I'd ask, it couldn't hurt, right?