Sarah
Monday, October 20, 2008
The week of weeks
Last week is difficult to sum up in words. It started out on Monday, (that is not unusual, I know)with it being picture day for Kate. I forgot to send Kate with the money for picture day and forgot to send the note for Sarah telling her teacher she was having her little operation the next day. I ran to the school, dropped off the note, dropped off the money, reported Sarah's absence for the next day and ran to Walgreens to pick up a prescription. The pharmacy was closed. 45 minutes after it was supposed to open, it was still closed. I was in the drive thru and there was no note or anything. I drove around, ran in and was told the pharmacist called in sick. Ugh! They had no idea when they would get one in. So while I was out, I decided to run to WinCo. I ran around figuring meals in my head, great planning I know, and wheeled Ellie and all the food out. I was piled so high that I had to put stuff on the bottom. I hit those darn yellow bump thingys out front and my bags on bottom began tumbling. Only I didn't realize it until I could not move and realized I was trying to run over my food. Yippee. My popcorn kernels were ripped open by the wheels of the cart and spilling all over. I just found out why they have those yellow bumpy things outside of the new stores, it only softened me a little towards them. My Dad says they are for the disabled. I feel guilty, but I really honestly have to say: I HATE THEM. Mostly, because I am always overloaded and it rattles the cart so bad, I almost always have something fall out! I ran home unloaded, tried to put away, made a sack lunch, ran to the bus stop, picked up kids, tried to explain to Sarah why she had to go to the dr. and ran to the dr office and had lunch in the van, in the parking lot. Meanwhile, Sarah is screaming in the back that she has to have her blood drawn. I prayed with her, pleaded, begged, hugged, kissed and every other means I could think of to calm her. She went in nervous, but still willing. That is until she had to sit in the chair and do it. The nurse and I tried to no avail to convince her that if she held still and stopped crying we could get it over with. I finally wrapped my arms aournd her middle, both legs around Sarah's legs, looked at the nurse and said, "Just do it!" I did say it nicely really I did. I had to use super human strength to hold her down. I had prayed we would make it and eventually we did. Gratefully, the Lord was mericful and Abby didn't scream, which they usually do when one or the other is under distress! We headed to the dr and made it through that too. Upon getting home, we started in on homework. I laid Miss E down for a nap. She had been crying off and on all weekend, so I was beginning to worry about her too. She woke up during her nap, crying every time she swallowed. I said alright something IS wrong. I called the dr. (yes a different one) and they said be here in 15. Ha! No problem. Kate walked in the door and I started yelling, everyone find your shoes, grab your homework, out the door. GO GO GO! After Ellie screamed her way through the appt. and once again I found myself restraining a child so he could look at her, it turned out she had an ear infection. Man all my girls have lungs on them! So off to Walgreens AGAIN. This time we actually got meds after waiting for 30 minutes in the parking lot again! By this time it was 4:30 in the afternoon. By the time dinner was done I was BEAT! Darin, thankfully, whipped out FHE and the day was done. How naive I was, when I thought that would be the last of the bad days. Tuesday was a bright and early day with Sarah's procedure at 7:30 am. I felt HORRIBLE leaving her. She was devastated. I had to carry her to the OR doors and then the nurse had to pry her away. Poor thing. I felt like I had abandoned her! But they found her bladder to be in pretty good shape, so we are now on constant antibiotics to see if the UTIs will quit. By evening, she was laid out complaining of a horrible headache and Ellie was running a fever! Then by midnight she was barfing (Miss E). It continued until 4am. Yep. Me and Ellie on the recliner for hours. After just 2 hours of sleep, I ran her to the dr and he said possible UTI (urinary tract infection), keep her on the antibiotics and it should clear both the ear and UTI. The week just kept going like that. With me in charge of YWs on Wednesday night, Stake Leadership on Thursday, and then my cousins wedding in Sacramento on Friday night. Which I got home from at 2am, but am so glad that I was able to go. Lane married such a cute girl! Welcome to the family Jillian! Thanks Kelli for making it possible by watching my kids!!!!!! And thanks Darin- my lifesaver! (you know I mean literally :)) It was good to see family! Saturday was soccer, more soccer, baking cupcakes, and the ward Halloween party. Somehow we managed to throw together a fairy, Raggedy Ann, a lady bug and a cheerleader. Phew! Luckily, Darin let me have an hour long nap or I never would have made it. I AM TIRED! Three doctor visits, one operation, one barfing and ear infected child, and all else thrown in was enough to send me loony. But as my friend Laura and I have decided: We'll be tired until the last child leaves for college. And even then, who knows?!? Thank heavens for health now for my kiddos, some sleep, and the joy of family. The job of parent is never easy, but definitely worth it.
Sarah
Ellie
Abby
Kate
All my gals
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Aww, man! I have def. had those weeks before! Funny how when it rains it pours!! Not only one thing goes wrong....it multiplies!!
Gratefully it all ends though and the joy and happiness begins all over and will hold you through until the next time :)
I have a tile on my counter that says, This too shall pass...NOW would be good! I love it!
Oh my goodness, what a week!!! I hate those kinds of weeks. I'm glad things turned out on a good note for you:)
Amy, I am still trying to leave you a message!!
You know I love your blog. A big hello to all of your "readers". Some of you are a wonderful blast from the past. As a blog surfer I have enjoyed your blogs also!! Now if I can leave a message on my laptop I will be a happy camper!
Amy, I'm so glad you found us! I'm so excited to be able to keep in touch now!
Your family is so beautiful! I can't believe how grown up Kate looks! How neat that Kate and Trent and Sage were all baptized on the same day! Do the Morrow's have a blog too?
Yeow! My week's not sounding so bad now! WHEW! :D
Post a Comment