Grr, I know I am lame. You should see my real journal. I should feel really bad about missing all of the days I had committed to post. And I do feel a tad bad. But in all reality, I tried and just couldn't fit anymore in the last few days. I have come to accept that my life is not my own right now. I belong to four little girls, a hunky husband, 28 young women, 6 leaders, a fabulous ward, ooodles of brothers and sisters and oodles of nieces and nephews, a school PTA, my kids' classrooms, friends, RS sisters, the washing machine and dryer, the vacuum and various other household appliances, some of which should get more of my attention. Amazingly so, I am okay with that. Am I going a little nuts? Sure. I love nuts. :o) But I am okay and will be okay. I can make it. And I am just plain going to remind myself on an hourly basis that EVERYTHING just plain won't get done. It is an impossiblity. All I can do is my best. And if I can't live with that fact, then I better figure it out quick! I am going to ENJOY the journey!
Natalie, I haven't read everything, but I am so impressed and have so enjoyed keeping up with you. You are doing a great job, and I think it is awesome. You are my inspiration!
Prayers for Katie girl who once again is under the weather. We must need to pump more vitamins in her. She has had a 103.5 fever, sore throat, and nausea. The scariest part, was she almost fainted in the doctor's office. She was dehydrated. We are pumping her with more gatorade! It seems to be helping. Prayers for Regan too. And for the Patterson's, the Wilson's and the Reynoso's. We pray for jobs for all of you!! And for anyone else I am missing!
Oodles of praise for my kiddos. They did so great on their report cards. I was not worried about Kate, she is a super student and cares so much about school. She did great with not a single 2 and lots of 4's and 3's. Yahoo! Abby also surprised us with 4's on her writing and reading. Way to go Abby! She works hard and we'll be sure to push that hard work towards her listening skills as well! LOL! Sarah also passed with flying colors in Math and Reading. I was so worried about how the twins would do, but they are not only holding their own, but doing great. It felt good to walk away from all three conferences with teachers who seem to really enjoy having them in class. They are great teachers! We are so grateful for their patience and love. :o)
And a shout out of gratitude to my new leaders that were called on Sunday. It feels good to get working, and to do it with Elizabeth, Jill, Brenda, Kristi, Cyndy and Mandy. (I have to say their names, so that I can remember in 50 years who I first served with, although I can't imagine forgetting women that you work so closely with) Thanks so much for your willingness to serve. I will be forever grateful.
A little note of love to my family. I haven't gotten a chance to write an email either so this is my I love you Mac and Phip. families! We miss you all!
Lastly, Go Cougars! Knock them Utes DOWN this Saturday!
2 comments:
Because I feel that in the heavens above
The angels, whispering one to another,
Can find among their burning tears of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother"
~Edgar Allen Poe
You are a devoted and compassionate mother, wife, leader, daughter, & friend! No one can take your place! You are right...it's okay if you don't get all the housework and to-do's done as long as you focus on what is most important and what matters the most, not only in this life.... & Amy...I am SURE you are!!!
Big hugs to you!!
"I love nuts." LOL! You make me laugh! Don't be inspired by me! I don't sleep, this is how I'm able to blog - and then be kinda grouchy - and then feel like a rotten wife, parent, YW leader, sister, friend, etc. :)
I think we should have a blogging challenge during the summer or something. Sometime where it's not as hectic. Is it ever not as hectic? I think you're doing great! I'm glad you have things to post because I love reading them! :) Thanks for giving me something to do when insomnia strikes! :)
Post a Comment