Having twins is a phenomenon. It is fascinating, inspiring, exhausting, troublesome, fun, exciting, worrisome, indescribable and most importantly it is a job that is doubly rewarding. I hope that Sarah and Abby or Abby and Sarah (I have to say it both ways, since they both want to be first) will always love being a twin. They love it now and I hope we find ways to help them always love having a sister so close in so many ways.


It is hard to believe that 5 years ago today I was in Phoenix, Arizona, laid out in a bed dying. Okay not dying, but well yea kind of dying. I had gone into the hospital on November 26th for a routine stress test. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I had left the house in disarray, but with plans to return, make my portion of Thanksgiving dinner and enjoy the holidays. Well I knew something was uncomfortable, but at that point I was uncomfortable all the time. I felt so TIGHT. There seemed to be no way my stomach could stretch anymore. Abby and Sarah agreed! I was contracting every minute and dilated to a 3. I was told there was no way I was leaving. Sarah was breech and Abby was transverse. No hope for a regular delivery for me. I was on magnesium immediately. There is nothing else like it either. For 48 hours it was pure torture. Nausea, vomiting, double vision, blinding headaches, loss of appetite, and complete loss of motion. I was a beached whale. I couldn't even lift myself to turn over. Darin sat in the corner freezing to death (magnesium makes you HOT!). It was funny Darin ate dinner with the family at home and then ate my Thanksgiving dinner at the hospital! He had to do something besides roll his wife over and over. Oh and well try to help me use the bed pan! Can you imagine??? I couldn't hardly lift my arm, let alone my gargantuan belly and bum! LOL! By Friday evening, my body was at toxic levels of mag. I couldn't process it out fast enough. There was nothing to do but take me off. It was the most peaceful hour of sleep I had. And then BAM, we were having an emergency C-section. I was contracting too fast and too hard. I can still remember lying on the table contracting so hard I was involuntarily moaning. At 9:39 and 9:41, the most beautiful babies were born. I was so relieved to hear crying! Sarah came first, weighing 4 lbs 13 ounces. Abby came next. She was NOT happy to be taken from her nice warm home. She scowled! But it was a good thing, she was small at 3 lbs 10oz. We needed her to be a fighter! I got to see them and then off Darin went to be with them in the NICU. I felt so much relief. And so excited to have them out. We were blessed to bring them home just two weeks later. They were 6 weeks early and we didn't have to intubate them or even do oxygen cannulas. It was still a little scary at times, but all in all we felt the Lord's blessings flow without end. And to this day the love we feel for these two beautiful girls is without end.
Our Sarah
1. Loves to smile
2. Loves to shake her hips (she has some moves! I am not scared. Yet.)
3. Loves to write and read
4. Loves to wear skirts
5. Loves school
5. Loves school
6. Loves markers
7. Loves animals
8. Loves soccer
9. Loves Jesus
10. Loves food
Happy 5th Birthday Sarah! Hugs and kisses for you! We love you so very much!
Our Abby
1. Loves to ask people their names
2. Loves to answer the phone by saying "I'm Abby what is your name?"
3. Loves to read
4. Loves to smile and giggle
5. Loves dessert. Loves dessert. Loves dessert
6. Loves to get in bed with Sarah or Mom
7. Loves movies
8. Loves to be friendly, even to perfect strangers. (I am AFRAID. :o))
9. Loves to dress up
10. Loves Jesus
5 Big Birthday hugs and kisses for you Abby on your 5th Birthday! We love you so very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment