Sunday, September 21, 2008

One of many steps to baptism

Today after Church, Kate had her baptismal interview with the Bishop. Last night, we sat down with her and asked her questions and prepared her for what it was going to be like. She said she was nervous and we tried to calm her fears. She was excited too! We met together with him, to fill out her form. Then I left and she continued on with the interview. At the end, Darin and Kate did a mock baptism, so the Bishop could make sure they knew how to do it. Then we got a cute picture of Kate with Bishop Hawkes for her memory book. When we walked out of the Church, she was ALL smiles. She said, "It went great and there was no reason to be scared." I gave her a big hug, okay so I gave her several big hugs. I couldn't resist. I asked her if he had asked if she had a testimony of Jesus. She said, "I told him that I did and that I couldn't wait to feel the Spirit when I am baptized." She and I both cried a little, the Spirit was there and we both felt so happy. I told her how proud we are as her parents that she has chosen to be baptized. She looked so at peace and confident. That is an odd choice of words, but it is hard to explain. But I saw in her that having to proclaim her testimony to her bishop bolstered her up, strengthened her. I hope I can always remember what she looked like today. She glowed. She simply GLOWED. I can't wait for Saturday. She'll be brilliant!

I love you so much Kater!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What an irreplaceable moment for you both! Children are amazing, I love to see their sweet spirits shine through! I know her Special Day will be beautiful for all of you!

Natalie said...

I love this post! I got teary too! This weekend is madness for us, but I'm hoping I'll have her announcement posted before Friday... just for funsies! :D

Grandma Carla said...

Amy, I love your adorable blog. It is so fun to see all of your children growing up. Sounds like you two are doing a great job with those girls! Wonderful memories!
If you go to the very beginning of my blog, you will see "who belongs to who" like you asked. Time does march on.

Natalie said...

Amy! I finally posted the announcement on my blog! It's so cute! Can't wait to see pictures from Kate's baptism!