There are certain things that kids do that are inherent. They just DO them. They are different for boys then they are girls. Boys have their legos and cars, trucks and action figures. Girls have their barbies, crowns, wands, dolls and babies. For whatever reason, they need no prodding to do these things and like these things. They just happen. In our house, we are inundated with GIRLY things. You cannot imagine. Darin and I have a favorite quote from "Steel Magnolia" (said with a southern accent) Julia Roberts: " My colors are blush and bashful." Sally Field, "Her colors are pink and pink. It looks like the church has been sprayed with pepto bismol." Our house has definitely been sprayed with pepto bismol! But back to my philosophical thinking. :O) The other day, Ellie came to me with a dress up dress in hand and said, "Help me!" I was so surprised. I knew it was inevitable, but it means a turning point for me. My baby is no longer a baby. She has become a true little lady. And now all of our girls have walked the path to fantasyland.

2 comments:
I LOVE the instinctive gender-stuff, too! Rachel is a pro at it, and I'm not sure what came by nature and what came by the best schooling possible: big sister, Carlie. She recently had her play phone on her shoulder (without hands ... now who does that?) and then said to her person on the other end of the phone "uh, huh?!". She even puts the burp cloth on her shoulder before picking up the baby doll, puts the child-size oven mitt on her hand before grasping play food, and tells me her baby went "nigh-night" with its pacifier and blanket. Okay, so maybe she picked up a few tips from watching me, too! :-) Yay, Ellie, for joining the big girls in this wonderful, dramatic world!
You are so right about girls. I had no idea how they REALLY were until Jenna. She loves all the dress up, dolls, etc. It will be fun as Briauna gets to that stage. I can't even imagine how outnumbered your husband feels.
Post a Comment