Monday, October 27, 2008
Sleepless Night
I couldn't sleep last night. In all reality, that doesn't happen very often for me. I am lucky. I am usually so tired I sleep pretty soundly. Thankfully. But last night I was plagued with all kinds of worries. I couldn't help myself. I was drowning in my worries. On Saturday, I had a Mom point blank ask me what I would do if prop 8 doesn't pass. What would I do about school? I thought all about how Abby was complaining it hurt to go to the bathroom. I couldn't help wondering if I am doing something wrong as a Mom if I have yet another child with a UTI. How can that be? And I thought about how we were told we can't refinance our house because the market is so down that we might actually owe more on it than it is worth. Even though we put a consider down payment on it. How can that be? We have a year and a half to figure that one out. It is amazing how your mind goes wild in the darkness of the night. But the thing that worried me the most was my interview with the bishop yesterday when he asked me if I would be the Young Women's president. HOW CAN THAT BE? Now that WORRIED me. YIKES! Overwhelmed is hardly the words to describe my feelings at this moment. I loved being the secretary. I was behind the scenes of sort. Now I am responsible for all of these sweet beautiful young women. I am excited to work with them. They are fabulous girls. I know that I will certainly learn more from them then they will from me. I do wonder how a bishop or a stake president or even an apostle get over feelings of inadequacy? I should know. They rely on the Lord. There are times when I feel like am not even standing on my own, I am leaning so much. Now is one of those times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh, Amy!
How exciting, maybe not yet, but just think of how many young girls lives you are going to touch and have a beautiful impact on!! The Lord will bless you and provide a way for everything else to work out for you. I know it may feel overwhelming now, but if you are still the beautiful, spiritual, fun, outoing Amy I used to know, I KNOW you will be amazing!!
Wow, it seems like just yesterday we were all there ourselves. How funny, just yesterday I was called to be the first counselor in th YW...I am thrilled. I love the YW!!
I think Marni and Natalie are serving in YW too....we should swap fun ideas...oooh, maybe our girls can all be pen pals or something...YW from around the world :)
Congratulations, you will be such a blessing to these YW!
Have a great day...and hopefully a better night of sleep.
Hugs
Melissa
P.S. Yes, nana, Jeremy's mother is a 3 time cancer survivor! We love her lots!
You will be great! You are at everything you do! You are such an example to those girls and everyone around you. Take a breath and relax. Everything will work out.
You'll do great, Amy! I have complete confidence in you!
Oh, there is so much I want to tell you! To summarize, YOU ARE FABULOUS! Just incredible! You've always accomplished more than expected! You are a fine parent! You're not doing something wrong... but maybe you should consider a pediatric urologist instead of just a pediatrician? (Unless you're doing that already, I don't know... but I like to err on the side of precaution.) Just to give yourself peace of mind, I can't tell you how many mothers I have found who's children have urinary problems. It's really common. You've done nothing wrong. You can't do anything about genetics! And I can imagine the overwhelming feeling that YW Pres. would bring. 1st Counselor about does me in sometimes. Though, I've decided to prioritize the things I worry about, and that's helped. I can't force the girls to go to dances or do their Personal Progress, but I can never stop encouraging! :) You'll be magnificent! They are so lucky and I'm sure they know it too! I'm sorry about the refinancing. That really sucks. Something's gotta give in this economy! So many are suffering, it's heart-breaking! So much for "summarizing"! Sorry! :) I love you Amy! Think of the lullaby from My Turn on Earth. It'll help you sleep! You have "Angel Friends"! :D
I think I already said it all on the phone, but you in our thoughts and prayers. You are intitled to the blessings of the Lord. Call upon the powers of heaven! Love you!
Amy! You have been prepared for this calling since you were born. Your parents set wonderful examples for you and you watched. You had great leaders along the way, and you learned. You have tried to do the right things in your life and you are ready or you wouldn't have been called. My girls still talk about YW and the influence the leaders have been in their lives. Your YW have some great memories ready to begin. How blessed they are! Marni really really loves her calling. You'll be great!
Whoa, look what happens when I stop reading blogs! When did this happen?! You'll be fantastic, Amy! I love you!
Post a Comment