Oh my gosh! When I first started reading this article, it made me wonder... "Do people actually think that this is easy and luxurious?" I'm so glad that the author did not sugar-coat her feelings on the responsibilities and amount of effort put into said tasks. Great article! We SAHMs can use all the support and champion-ing we can get! Now, if only we could get monetary compensation by the government for it..
My kids are older now but I have one child that is sick all the time and home from school. Today I told her "I just need you to go to school." My house is a wreck and sure I get to grocery shop by myself at 10:00pm at night after I finally get her to bed. People without kids just don't understand how taxing it is mentally to always have to talk and answer questions or comfort someone 24/7. Sometimes I think husbands don't really get it either. Oh, well. Motherhood is very rewarding and wonderful and I wouldn't trade it for anything ..... most days.
I loved the last line. It really is tiring to be on alert 24-7! People without kids can't understand how much little ones demand. Sean is finally figuring out that at the end of the day, once kids are all in bed, I do best with at least half an hour of...absolute silence.
My YW blog had to be shut down. Long story for another day. Email me and let me know what value and whatnot you want to focus on and I'll try to help! :D
6 comments:
Oh my gosh! When I first started reading this article, it made me wonder... "Do people actually think that this is easy and luxurious?" I'm so glad that the author did not sugar-coat her feelings on the responsibilities and amount of effort put into said tasks. Great article! We SAHMs can use all the support and champion-ing we can get! Now, if only we could get monetary compensation by the government for it..
My kids are older now but I have one child that is sick all the time and home from school. Today I told her "I just need you to go to school." My house is a wreck and sure I get to grocery shop by myself at 10:00pm at night after I finally get her to bed. People without kids just don't understand how taxing it is mentally to always have to talk and answer questions or comfort someone 24/7. Sometimes I think husbands don't really get it either. Oh, well. Motherhood is very rewarding and wonderful and I wouldn't trade it for anything ..... most days.
LOVE it!!
I loved the last line. It really is tiring to be on alert 24-7! People without kids can't understand how much little ones demand. Sean is finally figuring out that at the end of the day, once kids are all in bed, I do best with at least half an hour of...absolute silence.
My YW blog had to be shut down. Long story for another day. Email me and let me know what value and whatnot you want to focus on and I'll try to help! :D
It would probably help if I gave you my email address. :-\
nhmatkin@msn.com
Post a Comment